Trash, Recycling, Yard Waste, & Open Burning
Director of Public Works
101 E. Second
Ph: (816) 623-2177
Fx: (816) 623-1067
Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The City of Cameron has a contract with R & W Container to pick up all residential solid waste. R & W Container’s phone number is (816) 632-3590. The monthly cost of the residential pick-up is $8.08 (for once-a-week pick-up) which is added to the regular monthly utility bill.
Check the map
for the day of the week the refuse will be picked up in your area. On the collection day for your area, residents will place their trash containers at the edge of the street or in the alley no later than 7:30 am. Exceptions may be made if the resident is incapacitated or physically unable to place their trash container at a designated place by calling R & W Container. Learn more about trash collection
Recyclables have to be placed at the curb or edge of street for pick-up by 7:30 am on your collection day.
The City of Cameron utilizes work-release inmates from the Western Missouri Correctional Center to collect and transport recyclables to Clinco Industries in Cameron for processing. The program is funded by a $1 monthly fee per household. Learn more about recycling collection
Starting November 30, 2009, the City of Cameron no longer picks up yard waste. However, citizens may contract with R&W Container (816) 632-3590 to have their yard waste picked-up each Friday. This new service will allow citizens to dispose of up to 5 paper bags of yard waste per week. These paper bags are available in a variety of sizes locally or through R&W Container but they may not exceed the 39 gallon size. This weekly yard waste pick-up will be $6.50 per month and will be billed by R&W directly to the resident. In addition, for a fee, R & W Container provides a yard waste and brush drop-off site. Other types of special pick-ups may also be made by contacting R & W Container. If you have questions or concerns about this new service, please contact R&W Container at (816) 632-3590.
The City of Cameron Code allows for open burning
of yard waste from the third Saturday in October through the third Saturday of April each year. Open burning, when allowed, is subject to the following restrictions:
- All fires must be twenty-five (25) feet from any building.
- If the safety of the community or the public may be endangered, the City Manager may issue a temporary burning ban.
- Sufficient firefighting material to contain any fire started under this section will be at the site of the burning.
- If climatological conditions indicate open burning may create a health hazard, the City Manager may invoke a temporary burning ban.
- In no event shall a fire started under this section result in a building or structure catching on fire.
- All fires shall be on private property and not in the public right-of-way.
Citizens must fill out and submit a burn permit application for requests to burn outside the normally allowed opening burning period.
Most Recent Burn Permit | View All